Nitofill UR63 Base - Flexible crack injection resin for stopping water flow
Flexible crack injection resin for stopping water flow. Very flexible to withstand differential movement.
MORE THAN 20 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
SHIPPING IN 48-72 HOURS
100% SECURE PAYMENT
Nitofill UR63 is a two part liquid polyurethane. When mixed in the proportion supplied they react to form a tough, slightly flexible resin. Nitofill UR63 has a good adhesion to concrete and masonry and when injected into cracks it allows some movement without loss of bond.
Can be injected into cracks in concrete or masonry in dry or damp conditions to form an elastic seal. Caution must be exercised with cracks which are live or filled with dust, water or salts.
Use with Nitofill WS60 to seal cracks in wet conditions in basements, subways and tunnels.
- Low viscosity : Penetrates fine cracks and cavities.
- Good adhesion: Adheres strongly to dry or moist concrete
- Flexible: Strong but flexible to withstand differential structural movement
- Tough : Withstands high hydrostatic pressures
- Impermeable: On curing it forms a hard mass impermeable to water
- Suitable for use in high temperature conditions
Care must be taken to provide a clean and sound surface for bonding and injecting.
- Remove heavy deposits of grease and dirt by scrubbing with detergent solution and washing with plenty of clean water to ensure complete removal of the detergent. Dirt alone may be removed with wire brushes or similar mechanical means.
- Remove deteriorated concrete, laitence and paint. The best treatment is grit blasting with sand, steel shot or a proprietary abrasive. Where grit blasting is impracticable, use rotary wire brushes.
- Blow the cracks and treated surfaces with oil free compressed air to ensure complete removal of all dust and loose particles. Ensure that wet surfaces are blown dry.
In the presence of running water, the flow must be stopped by injecting Nitofill WS60 which produces a rapid setting foam. When the flow of water is stopped the cracks are reinjected with Nitofill UR63.
The surface of the crack must be sealed and injection nipples bonded in place before Nitofill UR63 is injected using Nitomorar PE.
Mixing of Nitomortar PE
Add the hardener component to the base components and mix thoroughly until a uniform colour is achieved.
Application of Nitomortar PE
Immediately after mixing, apply the compound to the surface cracks. Overlap the cracks on both sides by 15 - 20mm. In general aim to form a band of material 30 -40mm width and 2 - 3 mm thick. Use the material to bond on injection nipples using locating pins to ensure correct sitting. Depending on the width and depth of the cracks the distance between nipples should be 200 to 500mm.
Fit nipples to both sides of a wall that is cracked all the way through, those at the back should be midway between those in front.
Take care not to block the nipple holes with Nitomortar PE.
You might also like